Zuhal Yapıcı M.D., Prof.Neurology and Child Neurology Specialist
Conferences/speech and panels:
1.Neurological aspect of Behcet’s Disease (invited speaker), Z. Yapici, Conference Room, Blue Bird Clinic, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, February, 1994
2.Neurological aspect of Behcet’s Disease (invited speaker), Z. Yapici, Neurology Conference Room, Medical School Main Building, UT, Houston, TX, March 23,1994
3.Optic Neuritis: A case presentation (invited speaker), Z. Yapici, Weekly discussions in Pediatric Neurology, March 1994, Neurology Conference Room, Medical School Main Building, University of Texas, Houston
4.Hemiplegic Migrain in Childhood, Z.Yapici, 10th Postgraduate Course, 22-24 May 1995, Ist Med Fac, Istanbul
5.Sydenham Chorea, Z.Yapici, 11th Postgraduate Course , 6-8 May, 1996, Ist Med Fac, Istanbul
6.A case of pseudohypoparathyroidism type 1a: Clinical findings and neurology, Z.Yapici, 12th Postgraduate Course, 5-7 Mayıs 1997, Ist Med Fac, Istanbul
7.Emergency Medicine in Child Neurology, Z.Yapici, M.Eraksoy, 13rd Postgraduate Course, 15-17 May, 1998, Ist Med Fac, Istanbul
8.Status Epilepticus in Childhood, and Treatment, Z.Yapici, B.Baykan, C.Gurses, 13rd Postgraduate Course, 15-17 May, 1998, Ist Med Fac, Istanbul
9.Childhood Neurometabolic Disorders, Z.Yapici, M.Eraksoy, 14th Postgraduate Course, 6–8 May, 1999, Ist Med Fac, Istanbul
10.New Therapeutic Approach in Childhood Epilpesy, Eraksoy M, Yapici Z, Deniz E, Erdogan F, Barlas M, Ozcan H, 15th Postgraduate Course, 11-13 May 2000, Ist Med Fac, Istanbul
11.Cerebral cortical malformations, Z.Yapici, 17th Postgraduate Course, 16-18 May, 2002, Ist Med Fac, Istanbul
12.Primary brain tumors in childhood, Yapici Z: Neurological presentations of primary brain tumors in childhood, Kebudi R: Diagnosis and treatment, Sencer A: Neurosurgical approach, 18th Postgraduate Course, May 2003, Ist Med Fac, Istanbul
13.Childhood epilepsies (chair: B. Baykan), Speaker: P.A. Despland (Lausanne CHUV), Z.Yapici, C.Gurses (Istanbul), Cerebral Palsy Symposium V, 10-11 October 2003, Istanbul
14.Autism and autism related disorders (panel), Metabolic disorders and autism-Gulden Huner, Tuberous Sclerosis and autism- Yapici Z, Neurological disorders and autism-Mefkure Eraksoy, Autism Symposium, 29 September-1 October, 2003, Istanbul
15.Tuberous Sclerosis: Clinical and imaging features, Z.Yapici, Childhood and Adolescence Neurology Society, 2003 Annual Meeting, December 30, Istanbul
16.Neurocutaneous Syndromes and Epilepsy (panel), Z.Yapici, 4.National Epilepsy Congress, June 9-12, 2004, Ankara-Turkey, Journal of the Turkish Epilepsy Society, Volume 10, Number 1, p.50-1Case presentations, Z.Yapici, Cerebral Palsy Symposium V, 10-11 October 2003, Istanbul
17.Cerebral cortical malformations: Clinical and MRI features, Z.Yapici, 1st National Congress of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Disorders, November 17-19, 2005, Istanbul
18.“What would you do?” Case presentations: Z. Yapici, 1st National Congress of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Disorders, November 17-19, 2005, Istanbul
19.Pathophsyology of CP and recent advances, Z. Yapici, Cerebral Palsy Symposium VII, 20 May 2006, Istanbul
20.Cerebral cortical developmental malformations: Clinical, epileptic and imaging features Z.Yapici, 5th National Epilepsy Congress, 7-10 June, 2006, Bursa
21.Childhood Movement Disorders (video session), Z.Yapici, 42nd National Neurology Congress, 12-17 November, (1YGK05) 2006, Antalya
22.Childhood nonepileptic paroxysmal disorders (video conference), Z. Yapici, April 20, Dicle University Faculty of Medicine, 2007, Diyarbakır
23.What is CP? Etiology and classification, Z.Yapici, Botulinium Toxin Course in Yeditepe University, April 30, 2008, Istanbul
24.Febrile Convulsions, Z.Yapici, 23rd Postgraduate Course, May 22-23, 2008, Ist Med Fac, Istanbul
25.Cerebral Palsy, Z.Yapici, Cerebral Palsy Symposium VIII, 10 October 2008, Istanbul
26.Childhood movement disorders: Clinical approach and practical strategies, Z. Yapici, 44th National Neurology Congress, 11 November, (1YGK05) 2008, Antalya
27.A looking at the pediatric dystonias, Z. Yapici, National Dystonia Symposium, 5-7 March, Istanbul, 2009
28.What is CP ? Z.Yapici, Botulinum Toxin Course, Yeditepe University, April 4, 2009, Istanbul
29.Update on movement disorders in childhood, Z. Yapici, 24th Neurology Postgraduate Course, May 21-22, 2009, Ist Med Fac, Istanbul
30.Childhood stereotypes Z. Yapıcı, 8th Annual Congress on Movement Disorders, 4 October, 2009, Marmaris, Muğla.
31.Cortical maldevelopments: Z. Yapıcı, 45th National Neurology Congress, 10-15 November, 2009, Antalya
32.Spasticity: Z. Yapıcı, 3th National Congress of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Disorders, 13-14 October 2009, Askeri Kültür Sitesi, Istanbul
33.Childhood dystonia, Yapıcı Z, 25th Postgraduate Course, May 20-21, 2010, Ist Med Fac, Istanbul.
34.Clinical approach to cortical developmental disorders. Z. Yapıcı, 7th National Epilepsy Congress, 9-12 June 2010, Kapadokya.
35.Practical child neurology, Yapıcı Z, 4th Turkish Neurological Society Borad Course, Ankara, 2010
36.Neurocutaneus disorders and epilepsy, Yapıcı Z, 3th Child and Adolescent Neurology Society Meeting, 27-29 October, 2010 Kayseri
37.Movement disorders in CP, Yapıcı Z, 46th National Neurology Congress, Antalya 2010
38.Early onset ataxias, Yapıcı Z, 46th National Neurology Congress, breakfast seminar, Antalya 2010
39.Dystonic CP: AN update: Yapıcı Z, 4th Child and Adolescent Neurology Society Meeting, for Prof. Dr. Hıfzı ÖZCAN, 4 Nov, İstanbul 2011
40.Epileptic and non-epileptic paroxysmal disorders in childhood: Video presentations, Yapıcı Z, May 9, Namık Kemal University, Tekirdağ 2011
41.Dopa Responsive Dystonia, Yapıcı Z, 9th Annual Congress on Movement Disorders, May 10-12, Mardin, 2012
42.Dopa Responsive Dystonia, Yapıcı Z, 48th National Neurology Congress, Antalya 2012
43.Paroxysmal disorders in Childhood, Yapıcı Z, 5th Child and Adolescent Neurology Symposium, 2013, May 2-4, İstanbul
44.Child Neurology in the World and in Turkey, Yapıcı Z, Feb 18, European Brain Year Opening Meeting, 2014 Ankara
45.Update on Otoimmune Childhood Movement Disorders, Yapıcı Z, 6th Child Neurology Seasional Meeting, Sept 20, 2014, Edirne
46.Treatable movement disorders in childhood, Yapıcı Z, 6th Child Neurology Seasonal Meeting, Sept 20, 2014, Edirne
47.New therapies in Tuberosclerosis, Yapıcı Z, Workshop on Epilepsy, Epimer, Oct 24, 2014, Istanbul
48.NBIA experiences in Istanbul University, Yapici Z, The Third Joint Symposium On Neuroacanthocytosis and Neurodegeneration with Brain Iron Accumulation, October 30-November 1, Stresa-Italy 2014
49.Interesting, exeptional, misunderstandings in child neurology cases: Yapıcı Z, 50th National Neurology Congress, Child neurology course, 22 Nov, Antalya 2014
50.Childhood onset MS, Yapıcı Z, 50th National Neurology Congress, breakfast seminar, Antalya 26 Oct, 2014
51.General diagnosis and treatment on childhood movement disorders: Yapici Z, 10th Uludag Neurology Days, 12-15 March, Bursa, 2015
52.NBIA, Yapıcı Z, 11th Annual Congress on Movement Disorders, Antalya, 15-19 April, 2015
53.NBIA, Yapıcı Z, Symposium on rare diseases, 21 May 2015, Istanbul.
54.Differential diagnosis of epilepsy and movement disorders, Yapıcı Z, 6th Workshop on Epilepsy, Epimer, May 25, 2015, Istanbul
55.Non-epileptic paroxysmal disorders in childhood, Yapıcı Z, 7th Child and Adolescent Neurology Symposium, 2-3 Oct, İstanbul, 2015
56.Childhood dystonia, Yapıcı Z, 51st Annual Neurology Congress, half day course of child neurology, Antalya 27 Oct – 3 Dec, 2015.
57.Dystonia and myoclonus, Yapıcı Z. 51st Annual Neurology Congress, breakfast seminar on movement disorders, Antalya 27 Oct – 3 Dec, 2015.
58.New approach on therapy of TSC. Yapıcı Z. 51st Annual Neurology Congress, workshop on neurogenetic, Antalya 27 Oct – 3 Dec, 2015.
59.Childhood leukodysrophies: Yapıcı Z, National Moleculer Medicine Symposium, 1-3 May, İstanbul, 2016
60.MS and childhood MS,an update: Yapıcı Z, 14 June, Edirne, 2016
61. İTF, Neurology AD, 29th Neurology Postgraduate Training Course, Pediatric Neurology: Current Treatment Approaches in Epileptic Encephalopathies: Zuhal Yapıcı, İstanbul Divan Otel, 11-12 May, 2017. (Turkish)
62. The Most Common Common Neurodegeneration with Brain Iron Accumulation (NBIA): - Pantothenate Kinase-Associated Neurodegeneration (PKAN) and its Clinical Spectrum (Plenary Session): Zuhal YAPICI, 22nd Congress of Child Neurology from Mediterranean, Ljubljana, Slovenia, 18-21 October 2017. (English)
63. mTOR Inhibition Therapy in Tuberous Sclerosis, Zuhal Yapici, Current Treatments in Genetics (25 November), Eskişehir, 25-26 November 2017. (Turkish)
64. Movement Disorders Breakfast Seminar, interactive case discussions, dystonia-myoclonus-chorea. Table 6: Zuhal Yapıcı, Hakan Kaleağası, 53rd National Neurology Congress, (3KS02, 27 November), Rixos Sungate, Antalya, 24-30 November 2017.
65. Cerebral palsy and cortical malformations: An update (Turkish), Zuhal YAPICI, Prof. Dr. Hıfzı Özcan 7th International CP and Developmental Disorders Congress, Istanbul, February 23-24, 2018
66. The use of mTOR inhibitors as a new therapy in epilepsy, Zuhal YAPICI, 13rd Uludag Neurology Days, Uludag, Bursa, March 2-4, 2018
69. Ataxia-Telangiectasia and Myoclonus, Zuhal Yapici, 8th Children's and Adolescent Neurology Spring Symposium, Istanbul, 19-20 October 2018
70. Hereditary White Matterl Diseases in Childhood, Zuhal Yapıcı. 54th National Congress of Neurology, November 30-December 4, Workshop on Child Neurology, Antalya, 2018.
71. Myoclonus and Tremor. Zuhal Yapıcı. 54th National Congress of Neurology, 30 November-4 December, Movement Disorder Breakfast Seminars, Antalya, 2018.
72. In Pediatric Epilepsy, What Does a Clinician Wait? Developmental anomalies and special causes. Zuhal Yapıcı. Epimer Symposium, Kalyon Hotel, Istanbul, 14 December 2018.
73. Is it movement disorder or seizure? Zuhal Yapıcı. 41th Pediatrics Days, Hilton İstanbul, Maslak, 7-10 April, 2019 (in Turkish)
74. Neurodegeneration with Brain Iron Accumulation, Zuhal Yapıcı, 13rd National Congress of Parkinson Disease and Movement Disorders, Antalya, 11-14 April, 2019 (in Turkish)
75. Pantothenate Kinase-Associated Neurodegeneration (PKAN): Clinical Spectrum with the videos. Zuhal Yapıcı, 9th Baltic Congress on Child Neurology, St Petersburg, Russia, 29-30 April, 2019 (in English)
76. Current developments in the treatment of epilepsy due to tuberous sclerosis. Zuhal Yapıcı, 9th Baltic Congress on Child Neurology, St Petersburg, Russia, 29-30 April, 2019 (in English)
77. Neurological aspects of CP: Current developments. Zuhal YAPICI. Child Ortopedics Society, II. CP Symposium, İÜ Congress and Cultural center, 11-12 May, 2019 (in Turkish)
78. Brain and Skin: Current developments in the treatment of epilepsy due to tuberous sclerosis (TSC), Zuhal YAPICI. 13th European Paediatric Neurology Society Congress, 17-21 September 2019, Athens, Greece
79. UEMS European Board and Section of Neurology (UEMS/EBN) Autumn Meeting. 15 Nov 2019, Antalya.
80. Practical Approach to Tic Disorders in 25 minutes. Yapıcı Z. 55th Annual Meeting of Neurology. November 15-21, 2019, Antalya.
81. Practical Approach to Childhood Movement Disorders. Yapıcı Z. 55th Annual Meeting of Neurology . November 15-21, 2019, Antalya.
82. NBIA experiences in a tertiary center & Quantitative iron measurement in NBIA patients. Yapıcı Z. 7th International Symposium on NBIA & Related Disorders, Virtual Conference - Sept. 30 – Oct. 3, 2020.
83. Genetic Aspects of Childhood Movement Disorders. Yapıcı Z. 56th Annual Meeting of Neurology. Virtual Congress, Turkey, November 28 - December 2, 2020.
84- Childhood Movement Disorders and Genetical Investigations. Yapıcı Z. Prof. Hıfzı Ozcan, 8th Congress of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Disorders. February 26-28, 2021, Virtual Congress.
85. I am learning with a case of neurodegenerative disease with iron accumulation in the brain. Ozan Dortkol, Zuhal YAPICI. VI. Rare Diseases and Neurogenetics Course 17-18 June 202286.
86. Childhood Movement Disorders and Autoimmunity. Zuhal YAPICI. 32. MSEK, Immunological Approach to Neurological Diseases, 2-3 June 2022, Istanbul
87. Diseases with Mineral Accumulation in the Brain. Zuhal YAPICI. Turkish Parkinson's Disease Association, Current and Future Approaches to the Diagnosis and Treatment of Movement Diseases. 26-29 May 2022, Cappadocia
88. Hyperkinetic syndromes, Differential Diagnosis Case Examples, Zuhal YAPICI. Turkish Parkinson's Disease Association, Fall School, 20-23 October 2022, Istanbul